Bourland Law Firm, P.C. represents clients in civil lawsuits and appeals throughout Texas. Our clients, who range from individuals to sole proprietorships to national corporations, turn to us for help in contract, unfair competition, fiduciary duty, and trade secret disputes, in addition to general business and partnership matters. We also assist our clients in a wide variety of appellate matters.
About Justice Bourland
Justice Cindy Olson Bourland is a fifth-generation native of Round Rock, Texas. She attended Southwestern University in Georgetown and the University of Texas School of Law.
Bourland was appointed to the Third Court of Appeals in 2015 and sworn into office by Governor Greg Abbott. She served on the Austin-based Court for four years, handling very complex civil, criminal, and administrative law appeals. During this time, the Third Court was recognized as having the best record of any appellate court in Texas, with the highest clearance statistics and lowest reversal rate.
Prior to being appointed to the Third Court of Appeals in 2015, Justice Bourland was in private practice for 20 years and had extensive experience in trial and appellate cases in state and federal courts. Several cases that she handled in private practice resulted in Texas Supreme Court opinions that are cited throughout Texas. Since January 2019, she has been back in private practice handling business litigation and appeals. She is also a trained mediator and certified arbitrator.
Some of Justice Bourland’s accomplishments include:
- Honored by the State Bar of Texas for her Commitment to the Rule of Law and for her Service to the State of Texas, 2019
- Central Texas Woman of Influence, 2010 (named by the Austin Business Journal)
- Top Texas Verdicts in Intellectual Property, 2009 (published by Law & Politics magazine)
- Texas Super Lawyers, 2007-2011 (published by Law & Politics magazine)
- Winner, Austin Under 40 Award in Law, 2003 (selected by Austin Young Men’s Business League and Austin Young Women’s Alliance)
- Winner, Austin Outstanding Young Lawyer award, 2003 (selected by Austin Young Lawyers Association)
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Life Fellow, Austin Bar Foundation
- Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International
- Board of Directors, Brazos River Authority, 2011-2014
- Member, Mensa
Justice Bourland grew up on a ranch and her grandfather was a Captain of the Texas Rangers. Her late husband, Mike Bourland, was a DPS officer. In her free time, she enjoys traveling, hosting parties, riding horses, and raising swans.